It’s Illegal to Name Your Baby This in the State of Texas
Every day, new Texans are born. Choosing your baby's name can be a daunting task; it can get even more dauting when you're in Texas and have to follow these strict rules!
I can only imagine how hard it must be to name your baby! I remember my sister had a hard time trying to come up with a name for my nephews. But if you thought just coming up with the name was hard, you'll have to also consult with these weird Texas laws.
Here are some of the weirdest baby naming laws.
- No names with symbols like @ or #
- No names with special characters like umlauts or tildes
- You can't name your baby Adolf Hitler (but who would want to?)
- You also can't name your baby Jesus Christ- maybe just "Jesus" but it can't be followed by Christ
- You also can't name your baby Messiah
- No names longer than 100 characters
- You can't use numbers in your baby's name
- The name 1069 also isn't allowed (those are numbers, right? That's not a name!)
- You can't name your baby Majesty either
- You can't name your baby King or Queen (that's a bold choice, anyway)
- And you can't name your baby Santa Claus
Okay, so some of these don't seem so unusual- like the numbers one. But I did find it unusual that you can't use umlauts or tildes; considering Texas has a lot of Hispanic names, it seems weird that you can't add the tilde on names!
Sorry Elon Musk and Grimes but your weird baby names would definitely not be allowed here in Texas!
Cool, Historic And Weird Things Along Route 66 In Texas
Gallery Credit: Dubba G